Did you know? – The Care Certificate and Basic Life Support
The Care Certificate:
- applies across health and social care;
- links to competences (National Occupational Standards) and units in qualifications;
- covers what is required to be caring;
- will equip workers with the fundamental skill they need to provide quality care; and
- gives them a basis from which they can further develop your knowledge and skills as their career progresses.
And that Standard 12 – Basic Life Support means that you as a care worker/learner should:
- Be able to carry out basic life support.
- Complete practical Basic Life Support Training that meets the UK Resuscitation Council guidelines.
- If working with Adults in health and social care they will undertake training in adult basic life support.
- If working with Paediatric patients in health they will undertake training in paediatric basic life support.
- If working with Newborn patients in health they will undertake training in newborn life support.
Do you feel prepared to carry out your duties? Are your staff capable of providing care in the correct way to meet requirements?
Prepare2Care can support your training needs, contact us today
*(taken from the Care Certificate Framework (Standards) )